Hello everyone! I’m calling this a pseudo-tutorial because it just occurred to me it’d be more helpful if I showed photos step by step. So…look forward to that in the future. But for now, if you’re fairly good at following text instructions with photos of the end product, then hopefully this will be helpful.
So a year or so ago, I bought The Balm’s Nude Tude palette at my local Rexall, only to have buyers’ remorse a few hours later and returned it the next day. Fast forward to early this year when I just kept seeing it on YouTube and just had to order the “Naughty” version (the one from Rexall was the nice version) – the one with retro pinup girls in it. The shadows are quite pigmented, not too many issues with fallout, and I would say are ALMOST at the same quality as my beloved Urban Decay Naked palette. I hadn’t played too much with it but then decided to experiment with a shade called Selfish which is a nice shimmery-pearl taupe. Here is the resulting look:
Step by step:
1. I applied Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original to help the colours stand out and stay on for hours with my finger just on my eyelids and the inner corners
2. Using a Sigma E55 Eye Shading brush (any standard eyeshadow shading brush will do), I picked up “Selfish” and applied it to my entire eyelid and a bit into the “crease” (I use quotation marks as being of Chinese heritage, I have the non-crease aka flat eyelids).
3. Using the same brush but the other side, I picked up “Silly” which is a red-toned brown with some copper sparkle and I patted it toward the outer V (outer corner of my eyes)
4. Next, I used a Sigma E35 Tapered Blending brush to lightly pick up “Sexy” which is a gorgeous matte burgundy and patted that over “Silly”, blending a bit upward toward and along the crease. Emphasis on lightly because it is very pigmented and if overdone, it’ll be extremely difficult to blend out.
5. I used my favourite transition colour (Urban Decay “Naked 2” from Naked Basics) to blend out the crease using my Tokidoki crease brush.
6. As a brow bone highlight, I used “Stand-offish” which reminds me of “Sin” from UD. I then used my Sigma E40 Round Tapered Blending brush to blend all of the colours together and soften the look.
7. I used “Sassy” for the inner corners of my eyes using the brush that is included in the Nude Tude palette.
8. I took my elf Small Smudge brush and used “Serious”, the matte black as bottom liner.
9. I completed the eye look with Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Caviar Ink and 2 coats of Lancome Hypnose Drama Waterproof on both the top and bottom lashes (only 1 coat on the bottom).
What I’m Wearing:
-Rimmel Stay Matte Primer
-Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Peach
-Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Medium
-Becca Perfect Skin Mineral Powder Foundation in Tan
-Tarte 12 Hour Amazonian Clay blush in True Love
-Tarte Amazonian Clay Matte Waterproof Bronzer in Park Ave Princess
-Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Powder in Candlelight
-Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original
-TheBalm Nude Tude palette
-Urban Decay Naked Basics palette
-Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Caviar Ink
-Lancome Hypnose Drama Waterproof
-Cle de Peau eyebrow pencil #204
-Urban Decay Naked lip gloss in Rule 34
There you have it! Next time I attempt a tutorial, I’ll take pictures for each step 🙂
Thanks so much for stopping by!