Hello everyone! So I recently was notified that I was nominated/tagged for the Shine On Blog Award by the lovely Miss Belle. I am very flattered and honoured to receive this recognition, especially since I started this blog up only a year ago and it’s still just for shits and giggles.
– proudly display the award logo on your blog
– link back to the person who nominated you and thank them
– list 7 facts about yourself
– nominate 7 bloggers and let them know you’ve nominated them
7 Facts about Liz!
1. I only started wearing makeup regularly a year ago. I am not an aspiring makeup artist or anything, I am just a shopaholic who became a beauty addict. Before that, I would generally only wear makeup for special occasions or if I was going out with friends to a bar (which was not often, even when I was in university! :P)
3. I buy makeup EVERYWHERE. Whether it’s high end Holt Renfrew, mid-range Sephora, or mid-drugstore to drugstore, and even eBay for those hard to find/across the pond items, I love em all. My favourite brands are Chanel, Urban Decay, Maybelline, and Tarte.
4. My lashes point straight down. Fortunately they’re not short so when I curl them, I do like the look. My HG lash products are my Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler and Lancome Hypnose Drama Waterproof mascara. I also ALWAYS do a winged liner to help open up my eyes using Maybelline Line Stiletto.
5. My favourite stores to shop at are Loft, Winners, Holt Renfrew, Kate Spade, J.Crew, and Gap. I would describe my personal style as casual-classic-polished with an emphasis on saturated colours. As per Kate Spade, I like to live colourfully.
6. I wear glasses. Not for fashion alone (although my 2 pairs are pretty awesome from Prada and Derek Cardigan), however it’s mostly just for distance. Years ago, my aunt who is also an optometrist told me that dark framed glasses wouldn’t look good on me because of my dark hair (really, that was her logic) but I didn’t listen to her opinion and did it anyway! 😛
7. I love sushi/Japanese food, Starbucks, and Menchies. Some of my favourite days have been shopping with my best friend, Britt, where we start off with a Starbucks stop, walk around the Yorkville area, do dinner at either Guu or Hosu, and then hit up Menchies for dessert.
Thanks again to missbellesb for nominating me – and I hope to keep gaining followers and helping all you beautiful people with your makeup purchases and ideas! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!