So I am watching Estee aka Essiebutton’s video of 50 Random Facts and decided to make a tag-post of mine. So whether you care or not, here are 50 Random Things About Me!
1. I was in a major musical in 1997. For real – Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat with Donny Osmond at the Elgin Theatre in Toronto.
2. I started karate on July 21, 1997 (which I had previously been upset about having to wait until July because I was chosen to be in the aforementioned musical) and paid for my first year’s membership to show my parents that I really wanted to do it.
3. Before July, I hardly EVER wore makeup.
4. I am pretty impatient – when I want something or want to do something, I want it as soon as possible, which is what some people see as determination…but it’s really because I can’t wait.
5. I hate spiders and most creepy crawly things.
6. I am a Nidan (2nd degree black belt) in Goju Ryu karate.
7. I am only 5 foot 2. My “growth spurt” was going from 4’11 to 5’2.
8. My favourite Disney movie is Cool Runnings.
9. When I’m feeling down, I watch Legally Blonde.
10. I adopted a black cat back in 2008 and named her Michiko.
11. I love tea, particularly many from David’s Tea.
12. I hated sushi when I was a kid, but I am fairly certain I could live off of sushi for the rest of my life.
13. My favourite restaurant bar none is Guu SakaBar in the Annex (downtown Toronto)
14. I don’t read as much as I’d like to anymore – in 2011 I did the 50 book pledge.
15. I read all of the Harry Potter books during the 50 book pledge in 29 days.
16. I have celebrity girl crushes on Emma Stone and Jennifer Lawrence.
17. I already miss 30 Rock.
18. I really want to meet Tina Fey.
19. Strawberries are my favourite fruit.
20. I love sunflowers.
21. I read as little as possible in university…and I was an English and Women’s Studies major.
22. I practice Baptiste vinyasa yoga (hot power yoga).
23. I teach grade 1 and 2.
24. I really like making lists.
25. I can’t stand when people are rude to sales associates or servers, or basically any staff member/person who is trying to help you.
26. I am very literal and I like when people are direct with me.
27. I enjoy Andy Warhol’s art.
28. I wear glasses.
29. I can speak Cantonese, but can’t read or write it.
30. I failed grade 11 math the first time around, and passed with a 60 when I took it again.
31. I failed my G2 test the first time around, but passed my G test on the first try.
32. My mom passed away from breast cancer on November 19, 2003. To this day, I still remember everything from the night before, to the morning and day of.
33. I drink water when I’m upset to avoid crying.
34. I really like brie on crackers…baked or not.
35. My favourite places to shop: Kate Spade, Loft by Ann Taylor, Holt Renfrew, Lululemon, J.Crew, Winners, and of course, Sephora
36. I have worked at American Eagle, Gap, and Lululemon.
37. I went to Wilfrid Laurier University for undergrad and York University for Teacher’s College (but will bleed purple and gold forever).
38. My best friend from JK is still one of my best friends today!
39. The aforementioned best friend and I both showed up to grade 8 grad wearing the same dress in different colours (I wore blue, she wore pink).
40. Growing up, I hated pink – I would wear blue as often as possible.
41. My favourite shoes I ever owned were my Osiris D3’s in white and baby blue when I was in high school.
42. I own the entire Fresh Prince of Bel-Air DVD collection.
43. My favourite comedians are Chris Rock, Hannibal Buress, and Russell Peters.
44. Bossypants by Tina Fey is the funniest book I’ve ever read.
45. I love hitting BMV books in the Annex followed by a stop at Menchies.
46. I was obsessed with Sailor Moon when I was a kid (before it was translated into English and became a big thing).
47. I still love Hello Kitty.
48. I turn 27 this month!
49. I enjoy a wide variety of music from Katy Perry to Queens of the Stone Age…and of course, musicals.
50. I really like it when makeup products have fun names (ie: OPI’s Ate Berries in the Canaries, Tarte bronzer in Park Avenue Princess, Mac blush in Plumfoolery, etc.)